Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ciabatta Breakfast Sandwiches



I usually resort to some type of a sandwich to get some protein and get me going in the morning. At one point I was ordering Ham & Cheese Artisan breakfast sandwich from Starbucks almost every day. I enjoyed it a lot, but the 3 dollar price tag was bothering me. I decided to try making a similar breakfast sandwich at home. It turned out really good! I think it is even better than the inspiration, because I can change up the meat and cheese options so it doesn't get boring. The cost of making six of them - less than 7 dollars and 20 minutes of my time. I think it's totally worth it:)! I am sorry, Starbucks, I won't be buying those sandwiches from you anymore, but I am your faithful customer when it comes to my Mocca Frappuccino, Latte, and oat bars, and those delicious blueberry scones... Damn you, Starbucks:)

Ingredients:

3 eggs or egg whites
deli meat of your choice, sliced
cheese of your choice (I use Swiss or mozzarella low moisture), sliced
ciabatta rolls, cut in half
butter

This is what I usually use to make my sandwiches

Bake the rolls according to package instructions (miss this step, if you are using already prepared ones). Meanwhile heat a little bit of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat setting. Break the eggs into a bowl. Beat them with a fork or whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper and pour the mixture into the pan. Cook it as you would an omelette. When it sets, transfer to a cutting board and divide into 6 pieces.

Assembling sandwiches:

Put a piece of an omelette on the bottom half of each roll, follow with the cheese, deli meat and cover with the top half.  Place each sandwich in a separate sandwich zipper bag and put it in the freezer.
In the morning put a sandwich in a microwave for 1 minute on a high power setting. Do not over microwave as it can become rubbery and hard to chew.

Makes 6 sandwiches





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment